- Industry Solutions
• Implement mobile data collection using digital forms
As the pace of business accelerates, it is becoming increasingly important for operational staff to have up-to-the-minute access to documents, workflows, and business processes. Making these vital tools available on mobile devices can shave precious minutes from mundane tasks, simplifying workflows and providing consistent, bottom line value.
Attend this webinar from Gimmal and Unvired to learn how you can extend access to SAP-related content across mobile devices and achieve operational excellence. We’ll review some customer case studies that show the value of mobile access to SAP data.
Attend this webinar to learn how to:
• Implement mobile data collection using digital forms
• Deploy mobile apps for SAP Plant Maintenance – from asset inspections to work orders
• Manage your inventory of spare parts
• Create notifications in SAP on mobile devices and store associated pictures in SharePoint
• Integrate SAP and Microsoft SharePoint for effective content management
To all the attendees, we will also be offering Free Proof of Concept to deploy our Rounds & Work Orders mobile app for SAP or our Digital Forms app!
Speaker- Praveen Kale, Vice President- Products
Praveen is Vice President of Products at Unvired where he is responsible for Product Management and Customer Success. He has deployed the Unvired suite of mobile apps for SAP Enterprise Asset Management/Plant Maintenance at customers in the US and across the globe. Praveen is a frequent speaker at Asset Management events, and has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Prior to Unvired, Praveen was with Honeywell and SAP.
Save the Date
Date: Nov 29, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM, Central Time (US & Canada)
Unvired’s Customer in North America Latest to Go Live on Unvired Mobile Apps for SAP Plant Maintenance
Customer Implements Unvired Rounds & Work Orders Mobile Apps integrated with SAP S/4HANA.
HOUSTON, Aug. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Unvired Inc., a Digital Solutions provider of Mobile Applications and Artificial Intelligence enabled chatbots announced today that yet another customer in North America has successfully gone live on the Unvired Rounds and Work Orders mobile apps for SAP Plant Maintenance integrated with SAP S/4HANA.
According to Praveen Kale, VP Products at Unvired, “Inspections and asset maintenance at our customer were distributed across both SAP and non-SAP systems and involved substantial paperwork. We collaborated with the customer team to help implement their mobility vision using Unvired Rounds & Work Orders mobile applications. The applications were tailored to enable the customer’s mobile technicians to conduct Inspections and perform Asset Maintenance by employing an intuitive mobile interface, have access to all the equipment drawings and service manuals from SharePoint for offline use, and to eliminate all the tedious paperwork by digitizing their paper-based forms and processes. This digital transformation was offered to the users on two different mobile devices, iOS and Windows.”
The Unvired Rounds and Work Order Mobile apps enable the following:
- Process Notifications
- Execute Work Orders
- Record measurements
- Lookup stock for spare parts
- Take pictures and upload attachments
- Navigate the Functional Location/Equipment hierarchy
- Access documents from SharePoint or any other DMS for offline use
- Fully Offline enabled with auto sync features
- Out of the Box Integration with SAP S/4HANA, SAP ECC, and Microsoft SharePoint
According to Alok Pant, CEO at Unvired, “We are passionate about customer success and delighted that we are enabling their Digital Transformation journey. Our suite of mobile apps for SAP-centric Enterprise Asset Management/ Plant Maintenance is very powerful and has been deployed by customers globally since 2013.”
Unvired Mobile apps for Operator Rounds & Work Orders and Inventory Manager can be downloaded from Apple App Store, Google Play, and Windows Stores. The demos for Unvired Mobile apps for SAP EAM/Plant Maintenance can be viewed using the links Rounds Manager, Work Orders Manager, and Inventory Manager.
Press Release: Link
What is the GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the world’s strictest data protection law. It is by far the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years. It provides data protection for all individuals in the European Union.
The GDPR replaces an existing ‘Directive’ on data protection that was issued in 1995, with a new legally enforceable ‘Regulation’ that addresses the collection, use, processing and transfer of personal data of European Union (EU) citizens.
The GDPR is in effect from 25 May 2018.
How does it affect individuals and their personal data?
The GDPR aims to protect EU citizens from privacy breaches in an increasingly data-driven world that is today vastly different from the time in 1995 when the earlier data protection Directive was established.
It strengthens data protection rights for individuals, giving EU citizens more control over their personal data, and harmonizing the regulatory environment for organizations using such data across the European Union.
Key requirements of GDPR
Unvired, as a responsible organization, understands the expectations and is committed to compliance with the GDPR regulation.
At a high level, GDPR requires the following:
- A transparent and complete disclosure of how data is collected and processed.
- Providing complete control to individuals with respect to their personal data.
- Obtaining valid consent from all our respondents and panelist.
- Implementation of a Data Retention policy so as not to retain personal data longer than necessary.
- Implementation of technical and organizational information security measures to protect the data.
What GDPR means for Unvired?
We have undertaken a detailed analysis to understand the enhancements required to our privacy framework.
Unvired is considered as a ‘Data Processor’ when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. This will typically happen when you use Unvired products and services.
Unvired is a ‘Data Controller’ when we collect the data for billing, marketing or sales prospecting etc.
Unvired as a processor and controller commit to protecting personal data as mandated in EU GDPR.
Completion of Comprehensive Gap Analysis
We have undertaken a detailed analysis to understand the enhancements required to our privacy framework. We are glad to inform you that we have remediated most of the critical gaps.
GDPR place an emphasis on making privacy policies understandable and accessible. The GDPR says that the information provided to individuals about how we process their personal data must be concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible. It should also be written in clear and plain language.
Data Mapping, Data Inventory, and Lawful Basis
We have completed data inventory and data mapping exercises to identify all the personal data that we collect and use. Against this, we have identified all processing activities and also identified a lawful basis for each of these processing activities.
As a high growth organization, we realize the importance of building a culture that accepts and appreciates privacy. Our Privacy governance includes periodic senior management meetings to evaluate the status of the privacy framework.
Data Processing Addendums and Cross-Border Transfers
While we aim to limit the sharing of your data, at times, it is necessary to share your data with certain service providers such as hosting services, customer relationship management, and email marketing services. We use third-party tools such as Constant Contact, HubSpot for sending emails and follow-up on leads. These third parties do not share the data further and use it only for the purpose of providing subscribed services.
We have appropriate data processing addendums (DPA) with most of them. These third parties have published data privacy addendum relating to the data processed by them.
To Comply with Laws- If we receive a request for information, we may disclose if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
We have also started to enter into DPA with our customers to provide them sufficient guarantees as required under GDPR. We offer our DPA to our customers to help them meet GDPR requirements.
We offer EU model Contract Clauses / Standard Contract Clauses for any cross-border transfers.
Technical and Organisational measures (TOMs)
Our Information Security practices are adequate to the size and operations of the company. We use cloud service from a European cloud service provider who has the data center in North America. These are physically secured and only accessible to restricted people.
Logical access to personal data is restricted and limited to the IT department and staff working on those specific projects. Our operations floor is physically secured and accessible only to staff.
Training and Awareness
All our operational employees have undergone an hour of awareness training on the importance of Data Protection and GDPR.
At Unvired, we sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with all new joiners that ensures confidentiality and privacy of personal data.
If you have any further questions on our readiness to GDPR and privacy framework please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Enterprise Mobility market is constantly growing, and there is no sign of it slowing down. More and more businesses are depending upon mobility solutions to streamline their business operations. According to Enterprise Mobile Apps Report by Adobe, enterprise mobile apps drive competitive advantage and companies that have not deployed enterprise mobile apps are at a clear disadvantage. With Gartner predicting enterprise mobility as one of the top 10 strategic technologies, organizations ignore it at their own risk. This has led enterprise organizations of every type and size to embrace mobility solutions in an effort to keep pace and meet ever-changing customer demand. Thus, enterprise mobile apps for businesses are not a choice anymore, rather they have become a necessity to stay relevant.
Mobile Apps enable organizations to transform their operations. They have reshaped the revenue models, strategies, business operations, and the way employees interact and manage their professional lives. Mobile solutions help the organization to access data securely and perform the work anytime, anywhere. Here are the 7 reasons why enterprises are investing in mobility solutions:
- Optimized Field Services: Mobile applications for field services offer immense business benefits by automating and optimizing the service management processes. Field technicians equipped with mobile apps that can view, execute and confirm work orders can streamline the processes and optimize the cost of service management. Using mobile apps, field workers can capture the equipment information, create and send a notification, receive new work orders, execute the work orders, share the GPS location, pictures and make comments in real-time for predictive maintenance to avoid any potential equipment breakdown which negatively impacts.
- Digitization of Paper-Based Forms: Paper forms are a costly affair and difficult to manage. There is a myriad of paper forms used every day for inspection rounds, work orders, surveys, visit reports, and compliance regulations for both Asset Management and Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) checks. Relying on paper-based forms to collect data prevents companies from making informed decisions due to outdated data which in turn leads to asset downtime and safety/compliance risks. So, organizations are going digital and converting paper forms into mobile forms that can make processes more streamlined and improve worker productivity and asset uptime/safety. Digital Forms can be integrated with enterprise backend systems such as SAP, SharePoint, and other databases for real-time Users can access these forms on the mobile app and in just a few clicks, they can complete and submit their digital forms for review, approval or storage.
- Increased Operational Efficiency: Mobility offers the flexibility for the employees to work away from the office anytime, anywhere which increases their efficiency, resulting in better outcomes. Employees can access real-time backend data from ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, and IBM to perform the tasks. They can also capture the data and update in SAP through mobile devices while away from the office.
- Enterprise Collaboration: Business mobility enables workplace collaboration of partners, teams, and individuals regardless of where they are based. Emails and phone calls make this an ineffective process lacking transparency but a mobile application with a simple user interface enables various groups to communicate, share information, take actions and record them in backend systems.
- Better Customer Service: Customer Service is one of the main pillars of any organization. Customers will stay loyal only if you give them a great customer service experience. Mobile Apps are a great channel to connect with your customers and employees anytime, anywhere.
- Real-Time Analytics/Dashboards: Integrating a mobile reporting system into mobile apps, will allow your employees to report faster on the projects they are working on. With a mobile device, plant operators or technicians can view analytics in real-time to make faster decisions.
- Return on Investment: The ROI from mobile apps are driven by long-term benefits mainly driven by cost savings, operational efficiency, employee productivity, enhanced customer service, and more. Businesses save huge amounts by mobilizing the business processes and converting manual processes into automated ones.
Defining a Mobile strategy, Integration with systems like SAP, data security, architecting the optimal architecture, deploying mobile apps on multiple OS, and updating them over the lifecycle are only some of the challenges enterprises face. Unvired’s mobile strategists can help you with your Mobile/Digital transformation.
Unvired is a leading enterprise mobility company with decades of experience in mobilizing business processes and backend systems such as SAP, Oracle, IBM, SharePoint at significantly lower cost and less time to deploy. Unvired offers solutions to quickly build, manage, deliver, and optimize powerful enterprise mobile and web apps for businesses.
If you have any questions, feel free to write to me at email@example.com.
Communication has evolved rapidly in the last few years –from emails on PCs to emails on mobile and messaging on mobile. Mobile mails shrunk the conversations in size. Messaging made conversations more human-like, unlike emails. Messaging/Texting has been embraced by users. As per the report from ‘BI Intelligence’, active monthly users of top 4 messaging apps (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, and WeChat) have surpassed the top 4 social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram). This implies that messaging apps are going to be the platforms of the future and Chatbots will be how users increasingly access all sorts of applications/services.
Due to the advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Voice, enterprises have started opting for Chatbots for various business scenarios. This enables enterprises to enhance customer engagement/customer service, reduce costs, automate business processes, collaborate with vendors, and make employees more productive.
Whether you are building a Chabot yourself or outsourcing the development to a third party vendor, you might be faced with various questions and challenges. What strategies must you employ to build productive bots? What bots builder platform must you choose?
We're here to simplify the process for you. Reading this e-book will help you with all the planning and tools you will need to get started with your bot development activities. Download this guide for the deep insights into how to implement your Chatbots strategy and understand the basics of Chatbots development to prepare your company for smarter and faster execution.