Unvired Mobile Platform (UMP) can be deployed on either SAP NetWeaver™ or RedHat JBoss J2EE server. UMP is certified by SAP as Powered by SAP NetWeaver™ technology platform
Unvired Mobile Platform
UMP is a Mobile Application Development Platform (MADP) that can connect any enterprise system to any mobile device. UMP is a J2EE component.
- J2EE Server – UMP is a J2EE component that can be deployed either on SAP NetWeaver J2EE server (7.0+) or on JBOSS. UMP is certified by SAP AG as Powered by NetWeaver.
- Database - With SAP NetWeaver the database used by SAP NetWeaver is used by UMP too. JBOSS deployment is with MySQL.
- Security - Please download our security white paper.
- Admin Cockpit – Web based application to configure, manage and troubleshoot UMP.
- Enterprise Channels : Enterprise channels help applications connect to different enterprise backend systems.
- Device Channels – Device channels are used to push data to the mobile devices. Data push is supported for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices.
- Process Agents
- Process agents are the business logic counterparts to the application on the mobile device.
- Process agents are functions.
- Process agents are coded in pure Java (J2SE).
- Process agents can call functions / interfaces from multiple enterprise systems allowing mash-up functionality for the mobile application.
- Message Exchange
- Message exchange layer brokers content between the mobile device and enterprise backend system.
- Message exchange layer stores and forwards the messages (data) as required.
- Data push to devices can be achieved either by pushing data from enterprise systems to UMP (using UMP web services) or pulling data from UMP at scheduled intervals.
Connect to any enterprise system.
- SAP - Native SAP integration. All RFCs and BAPIs in SAP can be used to build apps.
- Salesforce.com – Connect to Salesforce.com using sSalesforce.com web services.
- Web Services – Can connect to all open systems using REST and SOAP web services.
- LDAP - Can connect to active directories using LDAP.
- Enterprise connectivity based on an adapter framework. So it can be extended to support any system in the world.
The Unvired client framework is used to build client applications for both Cloud and On-Premise deployment. The device application is the same irrespective of the deployment model.
- The mobile applications can be developed either using native language or HTML5.
- All leading smart phones and tablets are supported – iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.
- Database - UMP uses a database to store all the data on the device.
- UMP client framework – UMP framework provides the data model and synchronization (data communication / exchange) layers and additional user interface controls (for some platforms).
- Application - Application consists of the business process flow and the user interface.