The customers’ perception is your reality
Global Resources Company deployed Internet of Things (IoT) App to enhance Preventive Maintenance
Unvired Mobile Application to enhance preventive maintenance through the Internet of Things (IoT) that integrates with SAP.
Global Resources Company
Company– Global Resources
Solution– Unvired Mobile Application to enhance preventive maintenance through the Internet of Things (IoT) that integrates with SAP.
- Condition parameters such as Vibration, Temperature, and RPM are recorded in the monitoring tool.
- Inspectors manually read the data from the tool display and record the data.
- Offline process – The recorded data collected during the rounds are then manually updated in SAP.
- Manual entry led to inaccurate/missing data in SAP ERP, low visibility and huge effort & cost.
- Developed Internet of Things app.
- Enable automatic reading of sensor data in the mobile application.
- Create measurement documents with the vibration, temperature and other sensor data automatically.
- Save all the data offline on the mobile device and then automatically sync back to SAP and create Measurement Documents.
- All manual processes eliminated in the inspection rounds.
- Mobile Devices: Category 1 Division 2 ruggedized Windows Mobile Devices
- Condition monitoring equipment from Pruftechnik
- Interface via Bluetooth to the sensors
- Interface developed in C++ and integrated with Java mobile application
- Enhanced Preventive Maintenance
- Reduced operational cost eliminating manual errors, paperwork, and manual data entry
- Increased data accuracy
- Increased Compliance
Customer is a large mining company.
Our Blissfully Happy Customers
We selected the Unvired Mobile Platform over other competing platforms because it offered us the greatest value, ease of building custom applications and seamless integration with SAP. Kaneka Americas is live on the Unvired Mobile Rounds Manager and the Unvired Warehouse Management mobile apps (that integrate with SAP) which have enhanced our Asset Maintenance and Shipping processes. Another major reason for selecting Unvired is its team of skilled individuals who understand both SAP and Mobility and are able to identify business opportunities. We found Unvired to be flexible, cost-effective, and responsive while delivering on time. We regard them as our extended team.
We are extremely pleased with the level of support we receive from Unvired. As a valued business partner, they provide us the necessary, expert resources needed to deliver our own solutions and products. And we find the Unvired team to be flexible and responsive. For example, we have leveraged Unvired’s Drag & Drop Form Builder to quickly deliver mobile form-based applications as well as leveraged Unvired for other integration assistance into our own Utility Management System product.
We deployed the Unvired Turbo Forms app on our iPad and Android tablets to collect asset information in the field for electric motors, gearboxes, fans, compressors, pumps, etc. This was for Inspections of physical asset condition and verifying key information (asset class, rpm, horsepower, and coupling type). Knowing this information helps with asset condition monitoring, failure mode diagnosis, and executing work orders. This year we decided to kill paper. Having to manually search through paper files was time-consuming and difficult. This app has made our lives much easier. Now, we quickly pull up any asset-related information when we need it.