The customers’ perception is your reality
Integration of the Trouble Call System with SAP Plant Maintenance to access Fault Work Orders
Unvired Digital Enterprise Platform (UDEP) enables online bi-directional M2M integration between Trouble Call System and SAP using Web Services.
Solution: Integration of Trouble Call System with SAP Plant Maintenance to access Fault Work Orders on Windows 8 tablets.
- Customers call the helpdesk to register power outage and other faults
- Trouble Call System integrated with SAP work orders via periodic batch job
- Trouble Call System, SAP and Field force making updates offline and reconciling later
- Unvired Digital Enterprise Platform (UDEP) enables online bi-directional M2M integration between Trouble Call System and SAP using Web Services.
- Support staff record complaints in Trouble Call System, all Trouble Call System updates are automatically relayed to SAP
- Work orders are created for new complaints and assigned to Faultmen
- Faultmen download the work orders automatically from SAP to the mobile application and have the latest fault data and the operations involved handy when they attend to the complaint
- Locate fault locations with an interactive map on the tablet
- Faultmen status updates are relayed in real-time to UMP. UMP updates both SAP and the Trouble Call System with the latest information
- Helpdesk staff have complete visibility on the fault and its current status can inform customers with the latest on their complaints
- Work in no connectivity zones with complete offline support, save the order as draft and auto-resolve with SAP and Trouble Call System later
- Mobile Devices: Windows 8 Tablets
- Faster decision making increasing business efficiency
- Enhanced Customer Service
About WEL Networks
We are in the business of providing electricity to the homes, businesses, and farms in the Waikato region. Our job is to build, operate and maintain the physical network and the technological smarts which drive it. Our skills, technologies, and thinking are also becoming sought-after in building essential services for the future, starting with the rollout of ultrafast broadband.
Our Blissfully Happy Customers
We selected the Unvired Mobile Platform over other competing platforms because it offered us the greatest value, ease of building custom applications and seamless integration with SAP. Kaneka Americas is live on the Unvired Mobile Rounds Manager and the Unvired Warehouse Management mobile apps (that integrate with SAP) which have enhanced our Asset Maintenance and Shipping processes. Another major reason for selecting Unvired is its team of skilled individuals who understand both SAP and Mobility and are able to identify business opportunities. We found Unvired to be flexible, cost-effective, and responsive while delivering on time. We regard them as our extended team.
We are extremely pleased with the level of support we receive from Unvired. As a valued business partner, they provide us the necessary, expert resources needed to deliver our own solutions and products. And we find the Unvired team to be flexible and responsive. For example, we have leveraged Unvired’s Drag & Drop Form Builder to quickly deliver mobile form-based applications as well as leveraged Unvired for other integration assistance into our own Utility Management System product.
We deployed the Unvired Turbo Forms app on our iPad and Android tablets to collect asset information in the field for electric motors, gearboxes, fans, compressors, pumps, etc. This was for Inspections of physical asset condition and verifying key information (asset class, rpm, horsepower, and coupling type). Knowing this information helps with asset condition monitoring, failure mode diagnosis, and executing work orders. This year we decided to kill paper. Having to manually search through paper files was time-consuming and difficult. This app has made our lives much easier. Now, we quickly pull up any asset-related information when we need it.