The customers’ perception is your reality
Kaneka deployed Work Orders App integrated with SharePoint to access Compliance Documents
Kaneka Americas equipped its field technicians with the Unvired Work Orders App that integrates with Microsoft SharePoint to access the data from SharePoint while performing equipment maintenance.
Solution: Unvired Work Orders Application integrated with Microsoft SharePoint to access the data while performing equipment maintenance.
- Risk of Compliance while performing Equipment Maintenance/Repair
- Need to access Latest Standard Operating Procedures during Maintenance/Repair
- Paper-based Operating Procedures may contain errors/obsolete data
- Access Work Orders, Operations, Equipment, Materials, Object Lists on the iPads
- Access Notification associated with the Order; Capture Damage and Cause to enable better problem analysis
- Check for Spare Parts, Reserve Materials, and Book Materials consumed; Return unused Materials
- Change Work Order, Operations and related data on iPads.
- Access Data from Microsoft SharePoint for Operating Procedures/Compliance documents
- Access data from SharePoint while performing Equipment Maintenance functions within the SAP Plant Maintenance module
- Works Offline
- Mobile Devices: Category 1 Division 2 ruggedized iPads
- Increased Compliance due to Access to Updated/Most current documents
- Eliminate paper-based compliance documents
- Decreased Risk to the business
- Increased equipment uptime
- Increased daily work orders capacity
Kaneka Corporation was established in 1949 when its main products were caustic soda, soap, cosmetics, edible oils and electric wires. Later, the company diversified into polymers, fermentation, biotechnology and electronics, and other fields. Business activities now span a broad range of markets: synthetic resins, resin products, chemicals, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, electrical raw materials and synthetic fibers.
Our Blissfully Happy Customers
We selected the Unvired Mobile Platform over other competing platforms because it offered us the greatest value, ease of building custom applications and seamless integration with SAP. Kaneka Americas is live on the Unvired Mobile Rounds Manager and the Unvired Warehouse Management mobile apps (that integrate with SAP) which have enhanced our Asset Maintenance and Shipping processes. Another major reason for selecting Unvired is its team of skilled individuals who understand both SAP and Mobility and are able to identify business opportunities. We found Unvired to be flexible, cost-effective, and responsive while delivering on time. We regard them as our extended team.
We are extremely pleased with the level of support we receive from Unvired. As a valued business partner, they provide us the necessary, expert resources needed to deliver our own solutions and products. And we find the Unvired team to be flexible and responsive. For example, we have leveraged Unvired’s Drag & Drop Form Builder to quickly deliver mobile form-based applications as well as leveraged Unvired for other integration assistance into our own Utility Management System product.
We deployed the Unvired Turbo Forms app on our iPad and Android tablets to collect asset information in the field for electric motors, gearboxes, fans, compressors, pumps, etc. This was for Inspections of physical asset condition and verifying key information (asset class, rpm, horsepower, and coupling type). Knowing this information helps with asset condition monitoring, failure mode diagnosis, and executing work orders. This year we decided to kill paper. Having to manually search through paper files was time-consuming and difficult. This app has made our lives much easier. Now, we quickly pull up any asset-related information when we need it.