The customers’ perception is your reality
Mobile and Web Application for prevention of wrong Product Shipment at a Downstream Manufacturer
Unvired delivered Mobile & Web App that allows scanning of the only correct combination of Barcodes at Warehouse entry, loading, and exit points to ensure only correct Chemicals are loaded & shipped.
Downstream Manufacturer in Houston
Company– A Downstream Manufacturer in Houston, Texas
Solution– Mobile & Web App that allows scanning of the only correct combination of Barcodes at Warehouse entry, loading and exit points to ensure only correct Chemicals are loaded & shipped.
- Wrong Chemical Products were being shipped due to the similar appearance.
- Incorrect combinations of Shipping Notice, Bill of Lading, Shipping Order, and Certificate of Analysis used for checking at Warehouse entry, loading and exit points.
- Barcodes on Shipping Notice, Bill of Lading, Shipping Order, and Certificate of Analysis are compared at the time of warehouse entry, loading and warehouse exit using a Mobile App to ensure correct chemicals are loaded and shipped.
- Mobile App allows scanning of only the correct combinations of documents at warehouse entry, loading and exit points. Scans are accepted only if the combinations match and scan document numbers are the same.
- Mobile App built with .NET C#
- Mobile App works offline. Users sign in to the device, do their work and submit all the data before signing out at the end of the day.
- Web App provides responsive (mobile-enabled and Web) reports and User Management.
- Reports: Reports can be filtered by scan type, date, and other criteria.
- Unvired Digital Enterprise Platform (UDEP) used as middleware between Mobile App, Web App, and Database based Backend System.
- Mobile devices: Windows Mobile Intermec CN70e used at Weigh Station & Loading area.
- Reduced Risk/Fines due to Prevention of wrong Product Shipment.
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction due to more Accurate Delivery.
Customer is a large Downstream Manufacturer in Houston, Texas.
Our Blissfully Happy Customers
We selected the Unvired Mobile Platform over other competing platforms because it offered us the greatest value, ease of building custom applications and seamless integration with SAP. Kaneka Americas is live on the Unvired Mobile Rounds Manager and the Unvired Warehouse Management mobile apps (that integrate with SAP) which have enhanced our Asset Maintenance and Shipping processes. Another major reason for selecting Unvired is its team of skilled individuals who understand both SAP and Mobility and are able to identify business opportunities. We found Unvired to be flexible, cost-effective, and responsive while delivering on time. We regard them as our extended team.
We are extremely pleased with the level of support we receive from Unvired. As a valued business partner, they provide us the necessary, expert resources needed to deliver our own solutions and products. And we find the Unvired team to be flexible and responsive. For example, we have leveraged Unvired’s Drag & Drop Form Builder to quickly deliver mobile form-based applications as well as leveraged Unvired for other integration assistance into our own Utility Management System product.
We deployed the Unvired Turbo Forms app on our iPad and Android tablets to collect asset information in the field for electric motors, gearboxes, fans, compressors, pumps, etc. This was for Inspections of physical asset condition and verifying key information (asset class, rpm, horsepower, and coupling type). Knowing this information helps with asset condition monitoring, failure mode diagnosis, and executing work orders. This year we decided to kill paper. Having to manually search through paper files was time-consuming and difficult. This app has made our lives much easier. Now, we quickly pull up any asset-related information when we need it.