The Unvired Mobile Platform offers a rich set of REST APIs to build custom integrations easily. The REST APIs are broadly classified into APIs that deal with:
- Sessions – Handles persistent login sessions
- Users – Work with Unvired users (Create, Update, List, Lock, etc)
- Groups – Work with groups of users (Create, Update, List, etc)
- Applications and Libraries – Work with Unvired applications and libraries (Execute functions, Deploy, Undeploy, Configure Properties and Settings, etc)
- Messages and Attachments – Queue messages, attachments, retrieve them, etc.
Other APIs include:
- Companies – Work with Unvired Companies (Departments) (Create, Update, Activate plans, List, etc)
- Status – Get technical status information on the platform for monitoring etc.
Some use cases can be to create a user in the UMP when a user is provisioned in MS Active Directory, or write command-line tools that create users/groups based on other Identity Management systems like ADS, LDAP, etc, deploy (make available) applications to users belonging to specified ADS groups, etc. The APIs can also be used for e.g. executing the functionality in an enterprise system like a ticketing system from a web site wherein the user can request support.
The APIs are documented in detail and the documentation is made available as Swagger definitions for import into API testing tools, code generation, etc. Additionally, if you are a Postman fan (http://getpostman.com) you can directly import the UMP Postman collection to work with the APIs and test/develop.
The detailed documentation can be accessed at the Unvired Developer Portal (https://developer.unvired.com)
Enjoy developing smart integrations.