With the widespread adoption of digital technologies, field service organizations are changing their long-standing practices. Traditionally, they used to rely on the sales and marketing team to create sales opportunities and expand the customer base but now that trend is changing. Modern field service organizations are looking for ways to realize the hidden potential of using their field technicians to create sales opportunities and generate revenues.
Field technicians are often the face of your organization as they are people interacting with your customers face to face. When they have a good customer relationship, it is a big advantage for your organization to grow your customer lifetime value. A technician can be a trusted advisor for your customers as they have invested time and effort to fix customers’ issues.
Field technicians are uniquely positioned to understand the customer pain points, collect their feedback, and identify the solutions. These insights enable the technician to identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities to offer recommendations and capture leads that can significantly improve your bottom line.
To realize their potential beyond service, you need to empower the technicians with the right tools and support:
- Training: Give them sales and product training to ask the right questions and offer a range of solutions.
- Rewards: Incentives and recognition will encourage them to go beyond their call of duty and make sales efforts.
- Mobile Technology: Empower them with mobile tools that help them collaborate, access to data, and completing the transactions.
Here are some of the Use Cases where mobile apps can help the field technicians perform beyond Customer Service:
- Invoicing, cross-selling, and up-selling:
- Access real-time product portfolio and offer recommendations.
- After customer agreement, instantly generate an invoice with customer details, payable amount, and other information.
- Send a PDF copy of the invoice directly to the customer via email from the app.
- Send accurate quotes when prompted:
- Generate on-the-spot quotations for customers and prospects.
- By entering the item number and quantity in the quotation form, the app automatically fills the rest of the details and calculates the estimated cost.
- Send the complete PDF copy of the quotation to the customer from the app.
- Close the sale without involving your salesperson.
- Order parts on the go:
- Leverage mobile forms to order parts while on the field.
- Track asset inventory in real-time.
- Capture leads:
- With a simple lead capture form, capture leads for your sales team
- Collect contact details and add customer insights like customer requirements, proposed solutions, and area of delivery, etc.
Unvired has deep domain experience in building field-focused mobile apps that empower field operations, technicians, and existing tech stack. To know more, contact us today for a live demo or send an email to email@example.com.