The era of digital transformation is here. Businesses across the industries are looking for ways to thrive and remain competitive and the manufacturing industry is no different.
Manufacturing companies are adopting digital solutions like mobile apps, IoT, and predictive analytics to reduce asset downtime, increase workers’ productivity, and enhance safety& compliance.
But still, a large part of business operations rely on paper-based manual processes and paper forms are widely prevalent. According to recent surveys, businesses spend an average of $80 a year per worker on paper forms and the average labor cost to file one document is $20.Almost one out of every 20 documents is lost and it takes 18 minutes to locate a paper document. As a result, they lose millions of dollars every year and have a risk of data loss, safety, and compliance.
So a good first step towards digital transformation can be the digitization of paper forms. Mobile Forms empower field workers to collect data through mobile devices anywhere- with or without connectivity. The submitted forms can synchronize to any backend system, post to webhooks or email PDFs to supervisors in real-time for quick decision making.
Here we highlight some of the Use Cases of Mobile Forms in the manufacturing industry:
- Asset Inspections: Manufacturing assets are at the heart of the production facility, even if single equipment breaks down, the whole plant will come to a grinding halt. Mobile forms empower plant operators to quickly capture measurement readings, sync it with backend systems (like SAP), and report defects in case of any issues. Detailed inspection reports with photos and attachments, GPS capture, timestamp, and digital signatures can be created quickly for audits.
- Maintenance Work Orders/Installations: Mobile Forms empower the technicians to access work orders with operating procedures/instructions to perform maintenance & installations safely. With the auto-populate feature, repeatable information such as asset details, installation details, history of maintenance, etc. will be automatically populated from the database.
- Safety & Checklists: Mobile Forms empower Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) managers to monitor safety risks, work permits, and health hazards in real-time to avoid non-compliance and costly fines. Launch follow-up tasks, customize workflows, notifications, and send updated Safety Inspections & Checklists forms to the field workers in real-time.
- Quality Control: Mobile Forms can highlight defects using image capture and maintain strict quality control standards via a Quality Assurance (QA) checklist.
- Inventory Management: Inventory management gets a whole lot easier with mobile forms. Check stock overview, count inventory, and check expiry dates, etc. through mobile devices. With barcode scanning, workers can add product info such as SKU numbers, names, supplier information, and more.
Unvired has deep domain experience in working with manufacturing businesses to digitize paper-based processes. Our low-code platform, Unvired Turbo Forms offers a Drag and Drop Form Builder to build mobile forms and configure workflows easily. The forms can be submitted online using any web browser or using our offline mobile apps on iOS, Android, and Windows. To know more, please contact us to schedule a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect with you on priority.