The customers’ perception is your reality
WEL Networks deployed Unvired EAM Apps for SAP for Windows 10 Tablets to Improve Efficiency of Field Service
WEL Networks Ltd equipped its service staff with the Unvired Rounds & Work Orders App on Windows Tablets in order to view work orders from SAP and design service orders, perform inspections, attend to faults, etc.
Solution: Unvired Mobile Application enabling the field technicians to access work orders, create notifications, look up materials, equipment & locations via Windows 10 tablets.
- The design process for new installations and modifications was cumbersome, delays due to the time required to enter all data into SAP manually.
- Equipment requires preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Technicians carry paper service orders to service and collect information resulting in low productivity and data inaccuracy.
- Quality Control audits time consuming and cumbersome
- Plant Asset/Equipment Inspections done manually (paper-based / Excel
- Mobilized SAP Plant Maintenance module.
- Access and process SAP work orders in front of the equipment.
- Get all work order details like operations, materials, etc. on a tablet.
- Look up materials, equipment, locations, etc. on demand from the field.
- Plan route with an interactive map on the device showing all/selected
- Respond to customer complaints (faults) quickly, real-time updates to field
and call center.
- Plan and execute audit on tablet
- Report defects on the mobile device (create notifications on SAP).
- Record inspection measurements on a tablet, quickly check equipment
health based on historical data on the tablet.
- Work in no connectivity zones with complete offline support, save the order as a draft and sync with SAP later.
- Mobile Devices: Windows 10 tablets
- Connected processes for field users – access data anytime anywhere.
- Reduced operational cost eliminating manual errors, paperwork, and manual data entry.
- Increased equipment uptime
- Increased daily work orders capacity
- Increased Compliance
About WEL Networks
We are in the business of providing electricity to the homes, businesses, and farms in the Waikato region. Our job is to build, operate and maintain the physical network and the technological smarts which drive it. Our skills, technologies, and thinking are also becoming sought-after in building essential services for the future, starting with the rollout of ultrafast broadband.
Our Blissfully Happy Customers
I am proud to be part of Unvired. I joined the company as an Android developer, the variety of tasks here that I get is helping me a lot in my career. I have learned many new things and have much more to learn here. I am very excited about all the upcoming projects and look forward to being a part of them.
I can confidently say that choosing Unvired over any MNC was one of the best decisions of my career. The COVID- 19 pandemic had just struck when I newly joined Unvired. Working remotely, I only knew a couple of colleagues as I could go back to working at the office only after 8-9 more months. In all this chaos, the one consistent thing in these years was I learned something new every day that kept me motivated. I hope it stays that way for days to come.
We selected the Unvired Mobile Platform over other competing platforms because it offered us the greatest value, ease of building custom applications and seamless integration with SAP. Kaneka Americas is live on the Unvired Mobile Rounds Manager and the Unvired Warehouse Management mobile apps (that integrate with SAP) which have enhanced our Asset Maintenance and Shipping processes. Another major reason for selecting Unvired is its team of skilled individuals who understand both SAP and Mobility and are able to identify business opportunities. We found Unvired to be flexible, cost-effective, and responsive while delivering on time. We regard them as our extended team.
In these three years at Unvired, I have had the opportunity to work and collaborate on multiple exciting projects. The positive feedback and support I received made the journey a wonderful one. I like to thank everyone as I look forward to making many more contributions and learning new things.
We are extremely pleased with the level of support we receive from Unvired. As a valued business partner, they provide us the necessary, expert resources needed to deliver our own solutions and products. And we find the Unvired team to be flexible and responsive. For example, we have leveraged Unvired’s Drag & Drop Form Builder to quickly deliver mobile form-based applications as well as leveraged Unvired for other integration assistance into our own Utility Management System product.
We deployed the Unvired Turbo Forms app on our iPad and Android tablets to collect asset information in the field for electric motors, gearboxes, fans, compressors, pumps, etc. This was for Inspections of physical asset condition and verifying key information (asset class, rpm, horsepower, and coupling type). Knowing this information helps with asset condition monitoring, failure mode diagnosis, and executing work orders. This year we decided to kill paper. Having to manually search through paper files was time-consuming and difficult. This app has made our lives much easier. Now, we quickly pull up any asset-related information when we need it.