COVID-19 (the Coronavirus disease) continues to spread rapidly across the globe. With the increasing number of new cases and no vaccine, countries are forced to opt for nationwide lockdowns and practice social distancing to contain the virus outbreak.
With every industry, business function, and geography affected, businesses are rapidly adjusting to the need of their customers, suppliers, and employees while working on a contingency plan to mitigate the operational and financial challenges. They are reviewing their business continuity plans and are looking for ways to respond to keep the business functional while ensuring employee safety and productivity.
Most of the organizations have mandated their employees to work remotely (work from home or directly work from the field) to practice social distancing but it is not that easy. There are a few business challenges with remote operations like communication, collaboration, access to company resources, and network connectivity, etc.
Fortunately, the cloud and apps- mobile, web, digital forms, Chatbots, and AR, have made it easier for organizations to operate seamlessly. Be it team collaboration, chat, video conferencing, file sharing, or email, there are many tools available Out of the Box to ensure smooth operations.
But every business has its unique requirements. What works for one organization may not work for others due to the nature of their business, size, and industry. In such a scenario, you may consider partnering with a trusted app development company that can help you outline and implement your digital strategy translated into robust apps to quickly execute with remote and distributed teams. Unvired has developed various digital solutions that have enabled organizations to manage field service and remote operations that can be leveraged to manage the challenges of COVID-19:
- Installations & Maintenance: Empower field technicians with service manuals/ standard operating procedures to safely perform complex installations and maintenance using a work orders mobile app that works offline.
- Inspections & Audits: Enable field operators to quickly capture measurement readings, report defects, and create a notification using a mobile app for inspections and audits.
- Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance: Leverage mobile forms to perform safety & process audits, monitor risks & occupational health to ensure regulatory compliance
- Incident Reporting& Safety Hazards: Empower the field workforce to self- report incidents/ safety hazards using a mobile app.
- Digital Work Permit: Enable Maintenance and Operations to collaborate to request, review and approve work permits using a Safe work permit app to enhance worker safety.
- Employee Assistant/Customer Self-Service: Integrate mobile and web apps with conversational Chatbots to automate access to FAQs, service manuals, support documents, and company policies. This will help you reduce support hours and the cost of repetitive tasks.
- Sales: Enable sales teams to access customer data, product portfolio, and pricing from Sales/CRM systems anytime anywhere. Add new leads, update lead status, get follow up reminders, and create sales orders, and more while working remotely.
To help businesses respond to COVID-19, Unvired is offering free consulting sessions to build and deploy custom mobile/web apps, digital forms, and Chatbots to ensure employee safety and productivity. Contact us now to speak to our advisors and avail of our special offers.